8.28.2010

how books bring out my baser instincts

YESTERDAY, AT HOME:
Me: I NEED TO READ MOCKINGJAY!
Mom: Aheh. Didn't you already buy it off Amazon?
Me: Maybe. BUT I NEED TO READ IT NOW.
Mom: okaaay, let me just drive you to the bookstore...*moves slowlyslowlyslowy*
Me: FASTER, LADY! *scampers into the night*

YESTERDAY, AT BOOKSTORE:
Me: *drools*
Other girl: Look, the last copy of Mockingjay on the shelf!
Me and Other girl: *TENSE GLARE*
Me: MINE!
Other girl: No, MINE!
Me: LOOK, IT'S PEETA READING TWILIGHT!
Other girl: *swivels*
Me: *snatches book*'

LATER AT BOOKSTORE:
Me: look, the last cushy chair! *barrels over unknowing crowds* MINE MINE MINE MINE.
'
30 MINS LATER:
Boy: If you're leaving can I have that seat?
Me: ARGHHHHHH! *bares teeth*

TODAY, WHILST EATING LUNCH OF NOODLES:
Dad: You've got a package!
Me: GRAWWWWWWWWWWWWW! *pounces on Amazon box*
Dad: Err. *backs away*
Me: FORK, MEET TAPE! *stabs box repeatedly with fork*
MOCKINGJAY! YOU! FOUND! *cuddles with shiny books*