Haven't done one of these for a while!
But, pretty exciting times this week, as I got my first ARC (courtesy of 1 ARC Tours). Also, I've gotten a lot richer after Christmas and went on a never-ending book buying spree that I'm pretty sure killed a whole forest. But felled trees aside, I've at least managed to stay true to one of my New Year Resolutions (read more contemporary).
Seven books in total this week.
My firstest, very shiny beautiful ARC:
1. Forget-Her-Nots by Amy Brecount White: So happy I managed to get my hands on an ARC--this is the type of book I would be waiting for impatiently for months to come out otherwise. I really like the cover and the blurb makes it seem like such a fun, lovely read.
2. I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak: OMG I LOVE MARKUS ZUSAK (he is amazing and if you haven't read The Book Thief you've been living a sad, unfulfilled life GO READ IT NOW). I LOVE I am the Messenger as well and read it a few times already, but I wanted a copy for myself so I could reread it whenever I wanted to. Lovely, lovely book. :)
3. Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr: National Book Award Finalist. I'm hoping to strike contemporary gold here, as I've heard this book is GREAT.
4. The Year of Secret Assignments by Jackyln Moriarty: Same here, with me trying to read some good contemporary. I've heard this one is wonderful as well!
5. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta: So I'm ashamed to admit I STILL haven't read Jellicoe Road (which everyone tells me is the MOST AMAZING book that ever existed). And thanks to all the Marchetta-love I've gone on a buying spree of her books. This just happened to be the first one that I received.
6. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong: So I had a copy somewhere and I never got around to reading it and I think I gave the copy away to a friend (and never got it back). But I've been wanting to read this for a while and it was pretty cheap at the bookstore.
7. If I Stay by Gayle Foreman: Aside from having the most GORGEOUS cover I've seen in a while, it's also, yay contemporary! And I've been seeing it on a lot of "Best of 2009" blogger lists. So it must be good, huh?