Whoah. It's going to be 2010 tomorrow?
What scares me is that a WHOLE decade has gone by. I mean, really.If I think about it, it's strange.
In 2000, I was five years old. I was living on the other side of the country. I was extremely loud and, yeah... illiterate. Basically, I was still a baby.
In 2009, I'm fifteen, living on this more westerly side of the country, pretty quiet by all accounts, and yay, literate. And hopefully less of a baby.
A lot has happened in those years. I feel old now. Teenaged and old. And I've done so much. I mean...
In 2000-2009, I've:
1)graduated from elementary school! Whooo! And middle school as well, yay.
2) learned how to read and write!
3) grown about two feet in height
4) learned to eat my vegetables (most of the time)
5) Uh...uh..I swear I've done something else this decade as well but I can't think of anything at the moment. [insert accomplishments here]
Okay, that was a fail.
So...New Year Resolutions (2010).
For thee blog:
1) Start interviewing authors. I've always been meaning to start interviewing authors, it's just...I'm scared since I think as authors as amazing people that I shouldn't bother. But I will definitely try to interview. Hopefully I'll start soon!
2) Include some discussion posts. On the publishing industry, the trends, bookish subjects, maybe less-bookish subjects, etc. etc.
3)Have more balance with reviews and other types of posts.
4) Have a survey for the blog on what you guys do and don't like about the blog, and make improvements from there.
1) Read LOTS more contemporary books. LOTS.
2) Read LOTS more literature. LOTS.
So as you can see I'm not so hot with reflecting or resolutions.
I hope you guys had a wonderful decade, a wonderful 2009. And an even more wonderful 2010 and following decade!
I am trying to put together a blog survey (extra entries for the contest) so that should be up soon too.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Posted by in which a girl reads at 2:40 PM
aesthetics author interviews book reviews captivating thursday Choco wants Choco wants to be exiled to Hex Hall Choco will kill for this book Choco would eat giant inedible vegetables to get her hands on this book chocolate conquerors cover talk Daily Dose design stuff Discussion Post DWJ fangirlism DWJ is the best Endless suffering Friday Favorites further proof of my insanity hypothetical bookish situations I AM SO NOT TECHY I love you guys I really don't want to do my homework I want cookies In My Mailbox indecisiveness It took me a while to figure this out lol lalalala literature review Literature Week new favorites oh dear I haven't written my English essay yet and it's midnight poetry Proof of my uncoolness rambling Random shiz Shameless squealing Sparkly vampires can do this and so can you teen writer interviews The Joy of Reading Waiting on Wednesday what eez twitter? why are your reading these labels and not poetry hmm why yes I do write isn't it frightening Wouldn't it be sad if they called tweeters twits? you tell them choco