So, I've still been getting TONS of books from my after-Christmas book-buying spree. I feel like such a book-glutton, haha. All recieved in the mail.
1. Willow by Julia Hoban: So I'd seen some glowing reviews of this book around the blogosphere and the premise sounded interesting. And it fits nicely into my resolution to read more contemporary.
2. Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta: I read a review by a writer friend that said this book was AMAZING so I took her word for it and bought it!
3. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: OKAY I FINALLY GOT IT THIS WEEK AND I ALREADY READ IT AND OMG IT IS MORE AMAZING AND SPARKLY THAN EVERYONE SAYS IT IS OMG I'M A TOTAL JELLICOE FANGIRL NOW.
4. Smack by Melvin Burgess: Figured I'd venture for some edgy YA. I've seen this book recced practically everywhere, so I'm pretty curious to see if it's as great as everyone says.
5. What I Was by Meg Rosoff: *dies* Boarding school. Britain. That's all I needed to know before I bought it.
6. Just in Case by Meg Rosoff: So the premise sounds awesome. Trying to escape fate? Renaming yourself Justin Case? Haha. Can't wait to read this one :)
7. How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff: All I have to say is this won the PRINTZ and the main character moves to ENGLAND. It better be mind-bogglingy amazing!