1.12.2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that spotlights eagerly awaited upcoming releases. It's hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.

***
One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens—both named Will Grayson—are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical.

Hilarious, poignant, and deeply insightful, John Green and David Levithan’s collaborative novel is brimming with a double helping of the heart and humor that have won both them legions of faithful fans.

***

Wow.

John Green's (of Looking of Alaska fame) newest book . David Levithan's (of Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist fame) newest book. .

AWESOME.

This book is going to be mind-boggingly amazing, I can just tell.

I'm sort of curious how it works out with co-writing for this particular novel; from the summary I'm guessing each Will Grayson will be written by one author and the book will be narrated by alternating point of views? Or maybe not, I honestly have no idea.

The premise sounds very fun and promising--the whole double names and becoming linked could lead so many interesting ways. And who doesn't like musicals in a book?

I. Want. This. Book.

But I'll have to wait until:

Release Date: April 6, 2010

13 comments:

Monster of Books said...

At least you do not have to wait till August!! Sounds interesting :)

Allison said...

I was lucky enough to win this book a few weeks ago, but I haven't read it yet. Excellent pick!

brizmus said...

Man, this looks awesome!

Unknown said...

Certainly, this sounds like an interesting premise. Intriguing choice!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

This sounds really interesting. Hmmm, I might have to add this to my list. :-)

Angie said...

I will definitely have to get this one!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Great choice! I'm wondering if it's two guys...? Sort of confused about the plot, but David Leviathan = amazing.

YA Book Queen said...

Definitely agree with this choice. It's bound to be amazing :)

ninefly said...

I've always loved name-doubles, books these days hardly use them to their full potentials =P
it's already on my wishlist, really hope I can get it soon =)

Justine said...

JOHN GREEN (even though I've yet to read one of his books)!! And David Levithan! They're awesome. I absolutely can't wait for this. And the cover is wonderful.

Test said...

I'm really really looking forward to this one too! Simply because I just adore John Green's books and I've heard plenty of fantastic comments about David's, so I have feeling this is going to be great!

Sandy said...

I need to read a John Green novel. SRZLY.

But maybe you'll be lucky enough and win an ARC of the book...kinda like how you did with BRIGHTLY WOVEN YOU LUCKY GIRL! :D

pepsivanilla said...

I cannot wait for the book!! I would use more exclamation points, but I will resist.

Post a Comment