So, I finally cleared my fines at the library today. Doing so practically wiped out my savings, but I luuuuuuuurve my library. I even *gasp* composed a poem while I was browsing the library:
*followers stampede their way to the exit*
Oh, library! How I love thee.
Your books are free,
a gorgeous sight to see.
How long you've been separated from me!
WAIT, COME BACK! You poor followers, what I put you through sometimes...no more ghastly poetry, I promise :p
Anways, I checked out 33 books. Very shiny books. Way too many for an IMM post, so I'll pick the top five I'm looking forward to reading.
"Hot picks"/ New releases--Actually, I was really surprised that my library had any new releases, since my library is pretty sucky normally. I take that back though. My library is now lovely, since they had these books:
The books I've been meaning to read FOREVER:
1. Sleepless : Such an striking cover! And the premise of students "killing in their sleep" gives me shivers.
2. Give Up the Ghost: I've been seeing this in the bookstore and pining over it. I've been wanting a good ghost novel for a while, and I'm hoping this will be it.
3. Prophecy of the Sisters: Love this cover so much, and the "dark prophecy"sounds so intriguing!
4. Paper Towns: I loved Looking for Alaska, and I've heard that Paper Towns is even better. So I can't wait to crack open this one!
5. The Forest of Hands and Teeth: Dystopian and absolutely fantastic, if the reviews all over the YA blogosphere are anything to go by. I want to read this so badly that I was actually going to order it off Amazon this week, but the library has saved me the trouble (and the money!). Paying my fines is sort of balancing out.
I am officially a library book glutton now. Time to go gorge myself on my book feast :)